Hey Mike, I wouldn't be so quick to write Pipeline off.
Look for some of his older posts, he's done some crazy stuff just because he could. smile

I actually followed the instructions he posted for running RealBand in a WINE wrapper a while back and it worked surprisingly well.
I also played around with it for a while too, but found it a bit kludgey routing MIDI over IAC busses, and audio through Soundflower just to link the Windows and Mac sides.
Amazingly though, it did work pretty well feeding into Logic on the Mac side (and with surprisingly little latency too). shocked

So if anybody here could do something that most would call "impossible" it would be Pipline. laugh

As far as multiple operating systems/backward compatibility, if that's one of the points of contention (I'm not sure if I'm following this discussion correctly, it's getting a bit confusing now). LOL blush

Right now I currently have Snow Leopard, El Capitan, and High Sierra partitions I can boot from, and I'm sure I can still boot all the in between versions if I bothered to load them.
I have a drive sitting on the desk which I was booting Mojave from, but too many plugin UI graphics glitches with my "non metal" card, so I shelved it for now.

One of my main reasons for multi-booting is that I have a lot of older work in Cubase SX3 which was PPC only, so I boot into Snow Leopard fairly often to export files for use in Logic or Cubase 10.
It's a testament to how far the hardware has come in 10 years that I can run a PPC program in a 10 year old operating system, even through "Rosetta's" dynamic compilation and have it feel like the same performance as back in the day (feel not benchmarks).
With 12 cores, solid state drives, and boatloads of RAM I can run anything all the way back to the advent of 32 bit programs (be it PPC or Intel) and have it actually be useable.

Sorry if I lost the point of this conversation, and sent it out into left field, but I believe you were still talking about backward compatibility right ?
If not then as Emily Litella used to say... "never mind". blush

Anyway... back to Catilina....
I've been using BIAB since version 3 or 4 (late '80's can't remember), and I've seen PG make the leap from 16 to 32 bits, 68K to PPC, PPC to Intel, and every roadblock Apple has thrown up with their OS updates in between.

I have complete confidence that they will be able to make the transition to 64 bits.

- Jay

MacPro 5,1/12 core@3.46GHz -- OS X 10.14.6 -- ATI 7970 -- 32 Gig RAM -- Crucial 500GB OS SSD -- Samsung EVO 1TB Audio/Sample SSD -- BIAB 2023 -- Logic Pro X -- Cubase Elements 11 -- Too many plugins