GetReal, welcome to the forum.

This is a user forum, so it shouldn’t be unusual that it contains replies of varying quality by users. There is nothing to be gained by criticizing those volunteers who are only trying to help. A few of us have been helping for decades. Some of us (not necessarily overlapping with length of effort) are fairly good.

Questions for PG Music Support can be directed several ways; see the Support tab above. I think the support by the company is normally excellent.

It is unfortunate that the solution was never posted, even assuming one was found, but I am pretty sure that I haven’t seen this problem mentioned outside this thread. I do recall a similar vexing problem that affected only a very small number of users, and PG Music was able to narrow it down to users of a specific chip. A patch was then issued. I wonder if something like that is at work here.

Since you’re not new to BIAB, you must be familiar with the GUI change in 2018. What happens when you switch to the older GUI by Ctrl+T ?

Give Support a shout. Hours this Monday are limited for the Canadian holiday.

BIAB 2024 Win Audiophile. Software: Studio One 6.5 Pro, Swam horns, Acoustica-7, Notion 6; Win 11 Home. Hardware: Intel i9, 32 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam Sub8 & Neumann 120 monitors