Originally Posted By: Larry Kehl
Sorry to hear that but the NEW driver is NOT for Gen 1, only Gen 2 and 3

Larry

No.

There are several new drivers. Please read carefully to find the right one.

There is a new device driver and new USB driver for the first generation 18i20, which I have on my backup machine.

There are new drivers for the 2nd generation that also work on the brand-new 3rd generation units. I also have an 18i20 2nd generation on my main production machine.

Jcland, correct, not all updates are friendly. But the point of their new drivers seems to be to change the way the ASIO buffer selection is done, and that sounds like it might be your problem. Try their Support by email; it has always been excellent for me. This is what it says in the release notes:

Focusrite Notifier “Focusrite Notifier” replaces the “ASIO Control Panel”. It's a tray icon that runs in the Windows task bar.

When I installed the new driver on the 18i20 (first generation) it set the sample rate at 48K, then changed on its own to 44.1K. But it set the buffers at 256, which is too low for this older PC and I went into Settings in the Scarlett app to raise it to 512.

BIAB 2024 Win Audiophile. Software: Studio One 6.5 Pro, Swam horns, Acoustica-7, Notion 6; Win 11 Home. Hardware: Intel i9, 32 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam Sub8 & Neumann 120 monitors