Originally Posted By: silvertones
If musikluver had entered the notation in his xml file standard I believe it would have worked.

This is correct if an XML file is capable to do repeats/codas, etc and BIAB reads the XML file correctly. Entering chords manually works as expected.

I manually entered chords and created a 32 bar BIAB template song and set it to repeat between 5-32 10 times to create a song structure to use. It has a 4 bar INTRO, VERSE1=8 bars, CHORUS=8 bars,VERSE2=12 and a 2 bar ending so when it plays, it exceeded the 255 bar limit of BIAB just as Silvertones indicated.

I saved the file and opened the SGU file in RealBand. I had used a midi style with RealDrums in my BIAB song, so I added three RealTracks to the RB song and saved the song in RB format, SEQ. The three RealTracks and RealDrum track generated all the measures without error and specifically, no erroneous chord at bar 240-241. The 255 bar limit was no issue whatsoever.

Regarding Muziluver's comments:

"I have to inform you that your suggestion won't work for this song due to the differences that exist in each verse and each chorus."

This is incorrect. I was able to edit the RB song without any issues.

"For example, the first line of the first verse lasts for four measures, but the first line of the second verse lasts for only three measures. There are also some places in each verse where the melody is slightly different because of the lyrics. The same is true of the choruses."

I was able to delete a measure from the first line of my second verse and the RealBand program deleted the measure and seamlessly crossfaded the preceding and following bars. I also edited the chord chart for verses and chorus's and regenerated those specific sections without issue and without having to regenerate the entire song.

"There are also some places in each verse where the melody is slightly different because of the lyrics."

This should be no problem. If the melody line is midi, that's quick and easy to edit. If it's audio, that section would have to be overdubbed (punched in/out) but again, only that particular section would require editing, not the whole melody track or all the lyrics.

"attempting this would be very tricky."

Not at all. Very easy and straightforward DAW editing of copy/paste and edit/regenerate Chord changes.

Whether the song originates in BIAB or RB, the key for this to work is to structure the song and break it into sections using Part Markers. In RealBand, the Part Markers can be named to match the song structure and each individual section can be highlighted\selected to edit the chord chart, tempo, key signature, number of measures and regenerated by each individual section quickly and easily. For instance, select the last measure of VERSE 2 and Edit\Delete Bars from Song and designate the number of Bars to Delete. Insert Bars works the same way. RealBand will automatically crossfade the preceding and following bars seamlessly. If you edit any chords in a section, Highlight the section and regenerate that section.

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
Song Structure Template.JPG (272.75 KB, 116 downloads)
Last edited by Charlie Fogle; 07/04/19 06:59 AM.

BIAB Ultra Pak+ 2024:RB 2024, Latest builds: Dell Optiplex 7040 Desktop; Windows-10-64 bit, Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz CPU and 16 GB Ram Memory.