Originally Posted By: Charlie Fogle
Originally Posted By: silvertones
If musikluver had entered the notation in his xml file standard I believe it would have worked.

This is correct if an XML file is capable to do repeats/codas, etc and BIAB reads the XML file correctly. Entering chords manually works as expected.

As I mentioned in another post on my other thread in the RB forum, BiaB does not handle repeats in XML files properly, so I always have to duplicate my repeating sections in MuseScore before I export the song as an XML file. Otherwise, a song with two verses and a chorus that occurs after each verse will only have one verse and one chorus in BiaB.

I manually entered chords and created a 32 bar BIAB template song and set it to repeat between 5-32 10 times to create a song structure to use. It has a 4 bar INTRO, VERSE1=8 bars, CHORUS=8 bars,VERSE2=12 and a 2 bar ending so when it plays, it exceeded the 255 bar limit of BIAB just as Silvertones indicated.

I saved the file and opened the SGU file in RealBand. I had used a midi style with RealDrums in my BIAB song, so I added three RealTracks to the RB song and saved the song in RB format, SEQ. The three RealTracks and RealDrum track generated all the measures without error and specifically, no erroneous chord at bar 240-241. The 255 bar limit was no issue whatsoever.

What was the last chord in your test song prior to bar 241? If it was a C chord, you wouldn't have had an erroneous chord at bar 241. The fact that you didn't have an erroneous chord at bar 241 suggests to me that your most recent chord was a C chord. Alternatively, if it wasn't a C chord, did you listen carefully to the transition from bar 240 to bar 241 to make sure that there wasn't a chord change in bar 241? As I've indicated in another post, RB will not show a C chord in bar 241 even though it makes an audible change to a C chord in that bar.

Regarding Muziluver's comments:

"I have to inform you that your suggestion won't work for this song due to the differences that exist in each verse and each chorus."

This is incorrect. I was able to edit the RB song without any issues.

Which RB song are you referring to---yours or mine? My statement above was made in response to Silvertones suggestion for me to use repeats on my verses and choruses in BiaB so that the 255 bar limit won't be reached. But as I said above and in my subsequent statements, repeats won't work for this particular song because of the slight differences in the melody for each section and because of an additional measure in the first line of the first verse. IOW, each section is essentially unique, and Silvertones agreed that this would prevent me from being able to use repeats to avoid the 255 bar limit in BiaB.

Tom Levan (pronounced La-VAN)
BiaB 2024 Win UltraPAK Build 1109, Xtra Style PAKs 1-11, RB 2024, Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, Intel Q9650 3 GHz, 16 GB RAM, 500 GB SSD & 2 TB HDD, Tracktion 6 & 7 (freebies), Cakewalk, Audacity, MuseScore 2.1 & 3.4, Synthesizer V