I have released eight original songs/instrumentals which all include at least one BIAB Realtrack. They all have Realdrums and some also include bass, guitar and keyboard Realtracks. However, I provide all the vocals and usually perform a high percentage of the instrumentation myself.

I use LANDR to master and release my tracks, and they review each track and decide whether to approve it for YouTube/Facebook monetization or not. I do not yet actually qualify for monetization on YouTube as I haven't had enough video plays, but it appears that there could be a problem getting a YouTube music video monetized in future if it included BIAB Realtracks.

I recently sent LANDR an email querying why they had approved two of the eight tracks for monetization, but not the other six. There seemed to be an inconsistency as all included Realtracks.
I received a reply from them advising anything that falls into Youtube's "Not Sufficiently Distinct" category will be considered ineligible for monetization.
They suggested that it was because some of the keyboard tracks were from a DAW, which is why they would not have been approved (ie. the two that had been approved did not include piano REALTRACKS, although they did use some other REALTRACKS and both used REALDRUMS !).

Apparently, the video is likely to be considered as "not sufficiently distinct" if it includes:
Generic sounds (rain sounds, sound effects, etc.)
Samples or loops licensed by 3rd parties, i.e. GarageBand, Logic Pro, Ableton, Native Instruments, FL Studio etc.
Royalty free sample packs​
Karaoke instrumental versions of songs
Re-masters and sound-a-like songs
Leased instrumentals.

LANDR have agreed to override the decisions regarding monetization, but they warned that this would not guarantee monetization on YouTube if I was to upload a video that included these audio tracks).
For the reason mentioned previously, I don't qualify for YouTube monetization anyway, but I'm surprised and impressed that reviewers are able to detect BIAB REALTRACKS within a recording, and surprised that YouTube would regard an original piece of music as "not sufficiently distinct" just because it includes REALTRACKS).

As a multi-instrumentalist, it seems that I'd better re-record the piano parts myself if I want to use my music in a monetised YouTube video.

Last edited by Andyman; 07/05/19 03:22 AM.