Hi Jim,

thanks a lot for your fast reply.

Yes, I'm using the full Kontakt 5 version (v. 5.8), and like I wrote I can drag the .nki patch into the Kontakt window and edit the loop perfectly.

But how do I get the edited loop, once I adapted pitch and BMP, mixed the single instruments, FXed everything etc., into my RealBand project?

After all, the loop does have to appear in an audio track, so I can move, duplicate, cut, paste it within my project, right?

Normally (well, mostly... ) I get along with software stuff pretty well, but in this case I feel like an ox standing in front of a new barn door (stupid German saying, haha).

It's completely different from the way samples (like Vintage Horns) are being used with Kontakt (i.e.
simply routing a MIDI track with a given melody to K5). Just don't get the picture...

In any video dealing with KLI I have watched so far (and in the FSH2 'walkthrough' vid as eell) they show how you can manipulate the loops within the K5 window, but they never explain how to get the result into your DAW, which makes me feel like it must be so easy and logical that everyone (except stupid me...) immediately knows how it works. I'm afraid I will need a step by step tutorial, something like 'KLI for dummies').

Once again thanks for your reply, Jim,

Kind regards,

Stefan