Originally Posted By: Rustyspoon#
Dave & Chris,
Congrats on your new song!
Quality of this is outstanding. Beautiful artistic composition!
Guitars are super sweet and crisp. Chris vocals rock!
This definitely makes into top tier songs here for 2019.
I enjoyed it much!

P.S. Dave, thank you for taking time in writing out ingredients. I have heard some good things about ezdrummer, it worked out very nicely for this piece.

Thank you for sharing!

Misha.

Thanks, Misha!

As far as EZDrummer goes it is a real easy program to use and gets good results IMHO. I use it whenever I want something specific that I can't do with realdrums, which is maybe 20% of the time.
The demo is fully functional if I recall, so give it a try! And if you are thinking about buying it, wait until it goes on sale. That goes for the midi packs too, they all go on sale at some point.

Originally Posted By: Birchwood
Hi Dave and Chris,

What a nice, sweet song.
It's composed very good and the vocals are as beautiful as in Summers High, although more modest.
I liked the piano at the start of the song and how it builds up with the other instruments.
One tiny thing: where the singer sings ...'wayiyaiyai'(fonetic) I would prefer a more stretched 'waaayyyy'
Now it distracts a little bit. That is a pity. But you're the boss...

Hans

Hi Hans,
I'm happy you liked the song overall!

Originally Posted By: Robertkc
Originally Posted By: rsdean
Dave / Christiane,

What a great dark and brooding ballad... The vocals and guitar lines are just perfect - great mix as well. The clarity of this production is really stunning - pro all the way.

Loved it!

Bob

Plus one to that. The piano intro and clear guitar tone are just right
Moody and simply brilliant!

Robert

Thanks, Robert!

Originally Posted By: Will Josef
So good! I really don't have words that are good enough to show you how much
I love this song! it is so well-produced and captivating...
Christiane has a fantastic voice... you are very lucky that you have a singer of that standard to work with!

Wonderful performance from both of you!
Will

Very happy you liked this one, Will!

As far as finding a vocalist goes I suggest you have a look around soundcloud, I'm sure there are lots of singer/songwriters there that would benefit from working with someone that has the ability to create good quality backing tracks.

In my case it was Christiane that found me, she heard a couple of the instrumentals I used to do and asked if I would like to work with her. That was 2015 and 40 songs ago, time flys!

Originally Posted By: Tangmo
Very pretty. Extra nice chord work and writing. Sounds good and feels right.

Christiane gets the credit for the chord work on this one, I should have mentioned that in the song description. She sent me a piano demo and we took it from there, I just made a couple of minor changes to the chord progression and of course did the arrangement. As a general rule if the song is in 6/8 it came from Chris.

Originally Posted By: Deryk - PG Music
Wow - this is stunning smile I love the slow, brooding dark energy in this. It doesn't miss a beat, and just builds and builds. It almost has an ominous vibe to it. Very powerful, and the vocal performance was immaculate here as well.

You should be proud of this one - thanks for sharing!

Exactly what we were going for, thanks Deryk!