Berntd,

Thanks for the new image. Also, thanks for the information regarding Black and White Rag.

I loaded Tony's version of this song and the style that it uses (_DIXIELD.STY) is an all-Realtrack style (see the image of my chordsheet below). It would seem that your ProPak does not have any of the Realtracks needed for this style. This is where the problem lies.

The freezing that Tony has applied has been done to preserve the Realtrack generation -- which is why it is not working for your MIDI instruments. These MIDI instruments are the underlying style from which the Realtrack style was created. Because Realtracks sit on top of these MIDI tracks, the underlying MIDI (which your mixer shows) were never generated for playback. This means that no sound will be heard. I suspect that the notation and Piano Roll notes that can be seen are from the notation associated with the Realtracks and, as a consequence, this is silent.

To get the style to play, you would need to unfreeeze all the tracks and then generate the song and re-freeze the tracks if you want to preserve the generation. The default style of ZZJAZZ, though, would not be the best one for Black And White Rag.

There are a few MIDI styles that will do the job for you, though.

Try this....

With the chords for Black And White Rag loaded in from Tony's versions...

1. enter style picker

2. type DIXI in the filter

3. scroll down to the MIDI styles (MIDI styles will not have _ or = or M_ as the beginning characters in their names.)

4. see if you have a style called DIXILAND or TRADDIXI -- one of these should do the job.

5. unfreeze the all the tracks and generate

I imagine that Tony has put these files together using the UltraPak. Since this particular package has all Realtracks, Realdrums, Styles, etc., it is likely that you will run into this problem again with any song that's opened and whose Realtracks are not part of the ProPak package.

Regards,
Noel

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024