Quote:
My mistake, I meant to say AU, not AUV3
Ok, that makes more sense.
Quote:
Many Mac users would be using Logic Pro X and a VST won't be much use.
I've said the same thing but there are other DAWs that can use VSTs on a Mac — such as nearly all others.

Finale must use AUs only but it isn't a DAW. I'd really like to see a BIAB plugin for Finale but, if not, I can fire up Finale 2014.5 on one of my other iMacs that doesn't run Mojave and use the BIAB plugin there like I did in 2002. If I need to badly enough, I'll make it work.

How often does PG Music tell us in advance what's coming? Not very... though sometimes they do.

I have no pipeline into them except the same as anyone else—email and phone. I don't really care about the timeline—it happens when it does and I have my upgrade budgeted for that eventuality.

If 2019 doesn't happen, I'll pull out one of my older iMacs to run 2018 when I need to (I have a few that can't run Catalina) but my iMac Pro will be updated within a few weeks of the general release—my music industry day job will require it.

Worst case for me? Nothing changes and I keep my money. PG Music won't get my upgrade $$$, however, and I have the Audiophile version.

I spent over a decade working for a Windows software company and have consulted to Apple (scanning and printing working properly beginning OS 10.8.2—you're welcome). Not knowing exactly what's coming and when; not being told or having to keep info secret till a release, not revealing beta, NDAs, not discussing anything about what I do for a living... All in a day's work in the Silicon Valley.

BIAB 2023 Audiophile, 24/60 Core M2 Mac Studio Ultra/8TB/192GB Sonoma, M1 MBAir, 2012 MBP
Digital Performer 11, LogicPro
Finale27.4, Dorico5, Encore5, SmartScorePro64, Notion6, Overture5