There is no problem loading VST''s in RB, you just have to follow the instructions. These threads are usually by noobies and I get it, this can be confusing but the info is all there in the Help files or failing that this forum. As for the VST window itself, yes having that wasted space at the top is annoying and it's been in the Wishlist forever. BUT have you noticed the vertical scroll bar on the right hand side? Grab that, scroll it down and you can see your entire VST window.

I don't see a great need for having to load different third party programs either but I can see them being useful. It seems like a lot of these issues with not seeing everything is based on the size of the monitor you're using and screen resolution. If all this is done on a laptop or a 20" monitor then with a small screen like that stuff can be hard to read for older folks and these forums are pretty much all older guys. That's why I use a 60" 4K HDTV as my monitor. Easy to see everything on a big screen like that and the standard RB VST window is no problem for me. I mostly use Sampletank 3 and Jamstix and both have large complex plugin windows. I scroll it down and see everything in there clearly.

Bob

Biab/RB latest build, Win 11 Pro, Ryzen 5 5600 G, 512 Gig SSD, 16 Gigs Ram, Steinberg UR22 MkII, Roland Sonic Cell, Kurzweil PC3, Hammond SK1, Korg PA3XPro, Garritan JABB, Hypercanvas, Sampletank 3, more.