I used to think alot about what you are reporting and I spent a lot of time trying to figure out how to make BIAB play "exactly" what I thought I wanted. I remember discovering that BIAB was likely not playing what I was telling it, even when I wrote out the midi notes. BIAB was creating accompaniment based on what it was capable of doing. It used to bother me and that consumed a lot of my creative energy in BIAB.

Back at that time I also discovered that my ears where simply not good enough to really hear that b9 or #11 in a complex chord with all the band playing. But what I was hearing from BIAB generally sounded pretty darn good.

So I started looking at other tools to help me hear and play chords with extensions when I needed them. I discovered a other notation and Vsti software which did permit me to incorporate these chords into my music arrangements - just not in BIAB. I still use BIAB for the heavy lifting but when I simply need to play/hear something special and specific I have other tools. I don't fret about this anymore.

Thanks for bringing up this topic and for the memories.

Dan

Dan, BIAB2024, SoundCloud Win11, i7(12thGen), 32GB, 1TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD), 2TB Libraries, 1 TB(WD-Black), 2TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD)Data, Motu Audio Express, Keystation 61, SL88 Studio, Reaper