Berntd,

Did you use the tutorial file mentioned in the manual? That is, "Miles1 Tutorial (no repeats yet)" that's found in bb\Documentation\Tutorials.

As you can see, with this file, and before the Repeat/Ending is generated, all the chords have been entered. It is after entering all the chords for the entire song that the repeat is created. The second image that you posted above seems to show that chords have not been entered in the second section -- this is the grayed out area and if chords were entered they would still be visible.

In case it's useful information, it's often a bit confusing to think of BIAB in terms of sheet music since sheet music is about condensing notation into as little space as possible for printing. I prefer to think of BIAB like a performance where it starts at the beginning and goes to the end. That is what I meant by the above when I said that I lay my songs out linearly from start to finish. I don't use codas, endings, etc.

When I get an opportunity, I will try setting up the repeats with a single bar for ending 1 and see what happens. Right at the moment, I'm not in a position to do this.

Regards,
Noel

P.S. One other thought, if the second section of chords were not entered, was the option "Generate (insert) new bars" activated before the "OK-Make Repeat" button was clicked on? If this option was not selected, it could result in something like the second image shows.

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024