First, I so apologize I haven't commented sooner. The short version is my sister-in-law was having some possible threatening issues. We thought we were out of the woods, but we were only half way out. I probably should have used a hurricane analogy instead. Anyway, she is on a path to recovery and we've been helping out her husband, and three children, as best we can. So again, my apologies on a late response.

Now, for the goodies. What an honor to be asked to do my part on such a cool song. It's one of those moments you know you're going to remember. This is my first collaboration on the forum and I found it to be really fun. I very much thank Floyd for the opportunity. With him an Janet doing the other parts, I knew it was going to sound go no matter what I did. smile

I am going to comment to anything drum specific, as I can't really comment on anything else I didn't do.

Originally Posted By: David Snyder

The drum mix in the right and left channels, with all of that separation, is awesome. True ear candy.

Man, this means a ton coming from you. Somehow, I felt you would pick up on the separation. It makes me smile that the great David Snyder said these words. Thank man!

Originally Posted By: BlueAttitude
I agree 100% about nothing like having a real drummer on your track! Man, what a great sound! You can do some amazing things with realdrums/ezdrummer2, etc., but nothing beats the real thing, assuming the drummer is a good player, and Caaron is great in my book. Not to mention they are very well recorded, not easy to do.

Wow Dave! That's really great to read. Talk about nice compliments. You sir, are one of the production God's on the forum, in my opinion. I agree that realdrums/ezdrummer2 do get some great results. At times, they mostly fool me. Being I don't really work with them though; I don't know how hard it is to get those results. I do, specifically try to play what I feel the song needs; but also makes it unique that it doesn't sound like something pulled from somewhere else. Your comments made my day!

BTW, I laughed when you sent me the PM stating you would like to hear me drum on something again...I knew about this then; but didn't want to give anything away. It wasn't my song. Thanks again for that vote of confidence. It didn't go unnoticed!

Originally Posted By: Jim
Man...
You guys really deliver on the goods...
Congratulations to all of you for a job well done!

Thanks Jim for taking the time to give such a nice compliment. It's very much appreciated.

Originally Posted By: PeterF
floyd, Caaron, Janice

This belongs on the PG Music Greatest Hits Album - or perhaps their Hall of Fame.

Amazing how adding real performances to the Real Tracks can create such a vibrant engaging sound.
Regarding those performances, firstly it's a strong song expertly written with wonderful vocals from you and Janice (no surprise there) and it's the first time I've heard real drums mixed in on the user forum - and Caaron sounds great.

Excellent.

Peter

I think a kid dropping a drumstick would have sounded great with these two. wink I don't play guitar particularly well, so I completely understand your point. There are many times when I can tell people elevated the track by simply adding a few of their own parts. It adds just enough variety to make the track come alive in a different way than if you only go with BIAB parts. I like the effect a lot. That being said, I really appreciate your comments. Thanks Peter.

Originally Posted By: Deryk - PG Music
What a tune! You really delivered on this one. Incredibly catchy, vocals that are stunning and concise, and some fantastic chord progressions. The mix job is stunning as well. The little guitar licks that come in and out in the background add a ton of character.

You should be proud of this one - thanks for sharing smile

Ok, I said I would only comment on drums; but these comments are EXACTLY how I feel.

Thanks for saying what I was thinking Deryk!

Originally Posted By: Robertkc
Floyd,
Yeah, those 8 drum tracks are spectacular.
Excellent job to all on this.

Robert

Dang! How can you not feel great after a comment like that? smile Thanks Robert!

Originally Posted By: rayc
Working with tracks from a full and well recorded drum kit is intimidating BUT a great learning curve. I found going from eight track, full kit of specially recorded drums to RealDrums very challenging as well. The flexibility of multitrack drums is hard to beat and you did a sterling job with a very well played and recorded kit.
Cool song, cool harmonies and a well judged set of bass parts to work with the kit.
Excellent!

I have to say Floyd mixed those really, really well. They sounded decent when I handed them over. Then through the wizardry that is FJ, he made the drums warm AND punchy. It's like getting hugged and punched at the same time! Then he made the cymbals sparkle, not harsh. I really dislike harsh cymbals. I love what he did! Thanks Rayc for noticing and commenting.

Originally Posted By: Tangmo
I'm no sound engineer. You might have had a little too much fun with them (don't know), but I didn't have that feeling of being a little man in the middle of a drum kit on the phones.

Tangmo, that's really great that you would say this. It completely understand where you are coming from. We were trying to do something a little different. It's a bit more of a current type of sound. Don't get me wrong; I loves me the Ringo sound too! I hope that all makes sense? Very much appreciate the comment and perspective my friend.

Chad (Hope that makes it easier)

TEMPO TANTRUM: What a lead singer has when they can't stay in time.