Notes you are spot on! We hold the same views when it comes to playing gigs.

Your "We play the songs the audience wants. We collect requests, and when something gets requested often, if it is within our capabilities, we learn it. Even if a regular customer repeatedly requests a song, and he/she is the only one who requests it, we learn it." is exactly what a successful wedding band does.

That and communicating with the audience in a fun way got us recommended for many gigs. For instance if it was a fun wedding, immediately after the guy put the garter on the girl we would stop the music and say "good try but you put it on the wrong leg"! Lots of laughs as the band starts playing again.

On one gig we had to play The Chicken Dance 4 times. We hated The Chicken Dance but they were paying the bill so they get what they wanted.

Play what they want, be good musicians, and be professional and you will get many gigs. At least that is what happened to us until DJs took over the wedding business.

I want my last spoken words to be "I hid a million dollars under the........................"

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware