Originally Posted By: DelMismoRacimo
Thanks MarioD and Jim Fogle for your reply. I used BIAB as a way to develop ideas for our band. I understood your advice/steps but it will not be practical for me to do all those steps. I was hopping for a more simple/direct way to change the snare sound to a piccolo snare sound within BIAB.

(we mix styles Cumbia + swing...)

There maybe an easier way. Check out some drum VSTis like Steven Slate's SSD 4 and 5, Addictive Drums 2, Toontrack's drum software, etc. All of these I have listed have an included VST mixing board that not only handles volume and pan but also drum replacement. If you contact those companies they will tell you if they have a kit with a piccolo drum. Then just use that kit or swap out the snare and replace it with the piccolo drum and you will be all set. You may have to use a drum MIDI map to make some GM compatible but I do know that Addictive drums comes with a GM option so others may also.

I have both Addictive Drums, SSD5, as well as a couple of other drum VSTis but my music computer crashed and is in the shop. I will have to reinstall everything so it will take a while but if you need me to look at what I have just let me know.

I want my last spoken words to be "I hid a million dollars under the........................"

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware