Originally Posted By: Greg Johnson
Words are tools for communication and we almost all figure out how to use them effectively early in life. BUT, in the hands of the right artist, words become art!!! Such is the case here with our resident artist FJ!!! I have always loved metaphors, and this song is a beautiful string of metaphors. If I was and English teacher, I'd show this to my class to illustrate the beauty of the metaphor! And the only thing that can make a great song even better is the addition of a harmony to sweeten it up!! Wonderful job FJ and Janice!!! Take care. Greg

Greg - I truly appreciate such a thoughtful review... Thanks!!

Originally Posted By: HearToLearn
I took a trip to South Carolina when I was a sophomore in high school. I know where I live, and I know where SC is; so it wasn't a huge mystery as to how and where we were headed.

We went to the airport, hopped on a plane and landed in SC. It had all of what you would expect in a flight. The check-in, the waiting, close proximity to others, trying to find luggage...all that kind of thing. Not overly pleasant at all; but we got to our destination.

When I was a senior in high school we decided to head back to SC. We decided to drive this time. I knew where we were headed; and sort of knew how we would get there. What I didn't know was how exciting that trip was going to be. We took many "back roads" and just really took in the country. I saw so many cool things that I wasn't expecting to see. Even a fair number of waterfalls and mountains that would take your breathe away with their beauty. This trip at a very minimum was as good as getting to our destination. I find that to be unique.

That is what your song just did for me. I had a rough idea where I was going to be taken; but was amazed by the path you took us on to get there. Thank you!

HTL - Like Greg (above) you have composed a delightfully thoughtful review... Thanks so much for that...