It's probably like closing the barn door after the horse has escaped at this point I guess, but not impossible if enough of the big names get together and threaten to pull their music.

When I was a kid in the 60's I used to spend pretty much all of my allowance on 45's, they probably cost around $1.00 or so back then. Then when I started working the first thing I would do when I got paid was head out to the record store to buy an album or two, about $20.00 an album. So I was spending a minimum of $80.00 a month on music and didn't think twice about it; I loved listening to music and that's what it cost.

We went on vacation a few weeks ago and I decided to finally bite the bullet and get a spotify account because I wanted to download some music onto my iPad so I could listen to music on the plane.

It costs $9.99 a month and I can stream or download as many albums as I want.

As Joe says in the interview, great for the consumer, not so good for the artist. For me it would maybe make more sense to charge a basic fee for the streaming service, but then charge more for the download, maybe $1.00 per album download, with most of that paid directly to the artist. I would certainly have no problem paying more.