Originally Posted By: rokq22
I'm just trying to catch up before it is too late. (Hell, maybe it's ALREADY too late. I'm 68).

I'm 73, I don't want to hear it. It's never too late, it's all in your head, if you believe it then it's true. Or something like that.

You obviously are 20 years out of date so forget all these suggestions and comments about how Real Band is slow, clunky whatever. You have no clue about any of this. I did a full album of music with my sister on vocals using RB. RB is free, works well enough and you don't know enough to have an opinion on anything at this point.

There is nothing easy about DAW's for someone in your position. It's all new and confusing no matter which one you chose so you may as well work with what you've got.

If you struggle with RB, can't get it to work, want to throw it out the window then maybe it IS too late for you because trust me, RB works fine. Other DAW's can be more elegant, look prettier, may do certain things faster (or not) but right now none of that matters. RB will do everything any other DAW will do. What's that you ask? It will record 48 tracks of audio or midi as well as any other DAW would. Other DAW's have unlimited tracks. Do you think you will be recording more than 48 tracks? I doubt it.

It will sound just as good. It works with Biab files which no other DAW will unless you use the Biab plugin and you do NOT want to go there just yet. The plugin is way above your pay grade at this point.

Just get familiar with RB then you'll have a starting point to begin talking specifics about one DAW vs another.

Bob

Biab/RB latest build, Win 11 Pro, Ryzen 5 5600 G, 512 Gig SSD, 16 Gigs Ram, Steinberg UR22 MkII, Roland Sonic Cell, Kurzweil PC3, Hammond SK1, Korg PA3XPro, Garritan JABB, Hypercanvas, Sampletank 3, more.