I'm still working on this, it's a fun tune. I found the midi style San Francisco which is really Steely Dan's Home At Last and the RD drums for that is called LaPopJazzSmooth which is actually the Purdie Shuffle. Bernard Purdie created that beat for Home At Last. This is the exact drum beat for the verses on Ability To Swing. Next, I muted the bass track and wrote in that bass line into the Melody track and it sounds great. You really have to do that for this, without that bass you don't have the Ability to Swing, haha.

To get this song right requires showcasing some of the more advanced features of Biab like writing out your own midi bass line. The beat is stronger for the bridges but it's still just a variation on the same beat. Unfortunately that LaPopJazzSmooth RD has no variations with it but there is still a way to punch it up, I'll so that next and post it. You can change parts in different sections of a song by using the Bar Settings dialog.

Bob

Biab/RB latest build, Win 11 Pro, Ryzen 5 5600 G, 512 Gig SSD, 16 Gigs Ram, Steinberg UR22 MkII, Roland Sonic Cell, Kurzweil PC3, Hammond SK1, Korg PA3XPro, Garritan JABB, Hypercanvas, Sampletank 3, more.