Originally Posted By: F.M.M.
hi dave great intro drums and guitar great vocal as well enjoyed my listen eric

Thanks, Eric!

Originally Posted By: TuneMonger
Like it a lot, very cinematic to me, I could hear it for a show like Vikings as well.

Thanks for the listen!

Originally Posted By: floyd jane
Dave & Chris...

AWESOME opening. The drums are outrageous! - Dave you get more out of EZDrummer than anyone I've ever heard. Absolutely LOVE your guitar tone on this. And the playing is exquisite! Perfect "singing guitar". (which guitar? direct? s-gear?)

Chris' vocal is as good as always. Clean and confident.

The mix is excellent throughout.

Going back for a 3rd listen.

fj

Hi floyd,

For the drums I have found I can really improve the kit sound by tweaking the settings in the EZDrummer mixer, there are lots of options to explore. I'm just using the default drum kit it came with, although I plan on getting one of the expansion kits one of these days. And I always run them through CLA Drums.

The guitar is a strat I built a couple of years ago, mostly from parts I got from Warmoth. It has a hardtail bridge (strings through the body just like a tele) and I have Lace Sensor pickups on it. Supposed to be a vintage strat sound but hotter.

I always record direct, I like the option of being able to change my mind on the amp tone once I start mixing.

For this song I used an S-Gear amp setting I would normally use for rhythm guitar, but before the "amp" I'm using a free Tube Screamer VST I got from Mercuriall. Just gives it a nice singing tone without too much distortion. Then I'm feeding the output from S-Gear into CLA Unplugged, which I like much better than CLA Guitars.

Thanks as always for your support, means a lot!