Originally Posted By: Robertkc
Dave & Chris,
Beautifully paced. Quite a lesson in song dynamics really.The intro is so restrained and moody-had me hooked right away and your guitar tone is spine tingling good.
I`d be interested in hearing how much back and forth there is between you on the arrangement of a song like this?

Robert

Hi Robert,

There is always back and forth between us on any song we do, she has great ears and lots of good ideas.

For this particular song I originally had the same drums that are playing in the intro playing throughout the entire song. It was her idea to go to the straight drum pattern for the vocal verses and that was much more effective. Also the wurli pad used in the intro and the section after the solo came from her. Subtle, but you really notice it if it is not there.

Thanks for the support as always!

Originally Posted By: Deej56
BlueAttitude,

Had to break out the headphones to listen to this one . . . knew right off this was a special mix, and the headphones make it all that much more. What a wonderful mood, and a spot on vocal. Totally chill song—digged this one!

All the best,

Deej

I'm happy you liked it, thanks so much!

Originally Posted By: Tangmo
Drums are fantastic. They really set the dark, slow mood great. I love this dark yet hopeful (to my ears) lyric and Chris' delivery of it. The progression has some great movements that I think accentuate the theme of the song really well. Your play is wonderful here, and all mixed well to my ears in these phones. Hats off.

Yeah, as soon as I heard those drums I knew I had to build a song around them.

Thanks, Tangmo!