Hi y’all,

some of you know I grew up with a lot of blues and (old-school) R&B. And since the number of topics sung about in those genres is not really infinite, I’ve heard a lot of songs dealing with mean women who were messing around leaving their boy friends or husbands in deep and dark dispair.

Well, I thought it was about time (if not my darn duty) to flip the ... eh ... to tell such a ruthless lady off, so here’s my modest blues rock shuffle contribution to the rehabilitation of male self-esteem. (What do you mean by’ There are also men who cheat on their ladies.’? No kiddin’...?).

If The Phone Don’t Ring (You’ll Know That It’s Me).

- VIDEO (+ lyrics)

- AUDIO (+ lyrics)

- AUDIO (on Soundcloud)

Watching the corresponding video you will be dazzled (if not blinded...) by an overwhelming amount of beauty: sheer beauty, even eternal beauty, but - all things must pass - also fading beauty.

And you will be witness of the most heartwarming moment, when my dear old friend and fellow musician from the 70s, Peter „Mr Saxy“ Suessmuth, will finally get the reward from his (mostly female) fans that he had been waiting for almost his entire life.

Most of the video scenes were already recorded in January when Maha was still healthy and thus could appear in the video and support resp. brighten up the horns section.

Hope you’ll enjoy the song and the video - take care,

Stefan

Here’s the technical stuff:

Created my own RealStyle using the following RealTracks:

RealDrums-BluesRockShuffle^1-HHt,OpnHHt
RT1583:Bass, Electric, TexasBluesRockShuffle Sw 130
RT655:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm TexasBoogieShuffle Sw 140 (A:
RT1591:Piano, Acoustic, Rhythm TexasBluesRockShuffle Sw 130
RT1953:Sax, Alto, Soloist TexasBluesRockShuffleMark Sw 130

Wrote the horns arrangement using the PianoRoll and had the MIDI tracks played back by Big Fish’s Vintage Horns (via Kontakt 5)

Maha used RealBand plus some 3rd-party plug-ins for the mix and Ozone 8 adv. for some mastering. I’m extremely proud of her, because she’s still anything but healthy.

Last edited by Crossroads; 08/30/19 03:38 AM.