I think Roger summed it up very well.

I might be wrong or overlooking some aspects here but in reference to my previous post....

Before the internet existed and the development of new technologies (in this context) that allows any of us to record our own efforts at home with lofty goals of success only those that had time proven, well respected musicianship/song writing skills and were willing to tour were the ones we heard on radio and were producing albums for purchase.

Now....everyone that loves the process of song writing/recording has a medium for exposure....the internet.
Any previously necessary perceived skill level is no longer that relevant nor a determining criteria for promoting oneself or getting picked up/promoted by any label.
Hence....a saturated market where everyone somehow must set themselves apart from all others out there with any number of skill sets.
How does one accomplish that?....being connected over a period of time, having stellar musicianship skills, writing good mainstream songs and lots of luck.
Or, maybe I'm wrong on those points. smile

I have no illusions about my place in the music world.
I'm just a bottom feeder that has been playing/song writing for a long time and it's only creative therapy for this old bird.

Hope I made some sense....a good day to all.

Last edited by chulaivet1966; 08/31/19 06:56 AM.