Hey Don,

Thank you for having a listen! I see you got to the link in your thread before I removed it. I apologise for not being quick enough! As recompense, I'll do a spot of advertising for your song laugh

Don's Song (link)

After I posted the link to "Summer Moon" in your thread, I thought better of it because I didn't want to hijack your thread too much and talking about prostate cancer was probably already borderline hijacking!

But yes... these lyrics were written around three weeks after I had my prostate removed in December 2017 -- this is the Australian summer. I was in hospital undergoing a bit of damage control. It was the early hours of the morning, around 2a.m. or so, I was on the 5th floor in a window bed and a full moon was highlighting everything I could see. It was an amazing sight. Coupling that night with the fact that I was so very happy to be alive led to these lyrics growing in my mind. The song wasn't finished until around mid-2018.

I really appreciate that you had some spare time to pop over and visit. Thank you again!

All the best,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024