Originally Posted By: Roger Brown
The original poster, however, framed his question in regards to becoming famous. In one instance "attention, fame, fortune, and glory" was mentioned.

This is the second time I am misquoted. I never said any of those things.

I might have suggested some idea of fame, but just enough to get by, in the alternative scene. I have no hope of ever being big. If I could say, sell some 25,000 copies every year, I would be good. 25,000 worldwide is not that much. Some very alternative acts sell a million copies worldwide. Now consider that I know I can easily put out two or three albums a year, 25,000 looks even more doable. Still hard, but is it really impossible? Worldwide?

Well, let's see. I still appreciate all the replies. All of them.

Originally Posted By: JohnJohnJohn
There is this (misguided) idea that telling someone what their odds of success are is being negative or discouraging. Actually it is just the opposite! To have any chance at all of success, you'd better know what you are up against going in!

Not only do I agree with this, it's exactly what I thought when I decided to come here and ask for advice. I appreciate all the points of view, even the harsh ones.