Are you confused yet?

Wait, there's more! I don't know about info in the header, I haven't seen that. What I have seen is a separate track with no instruments or notes but containing all the CC and program changes for all tracks and channels. This means if you look at the event list for track 8 for example all you see is the notes but everything else is in that other track. And what's even more confusing is that controlling track can be anywhere. It could be track 1 or track 20 meaning sometimes you have to hunt for it.

Another thing is sysex info. This is used if the original author of the file created it using a particular hardware synth. Sysex id's the synth and all the other CC's are specific to that synth. If you try to play that file with a different synth that sysex info is all wrong making the file sound completely wrong. The named instruments could be played as anything. In that case you delete all the sysex info and reset all the instruments to the GM standard patches.

You have to really want that file to do all that. I'll try to find a better file first.

Bob

Biab/RB latest build, Win 11 Pro, Ryzen 5 5600 G, 512 Gig SSD, 16 Gigs Ram, Steinberg UR22 MkII, Roland Sonic Cell, Kurzweil PC3, Hammond SK1, Korg PA3XPro, Garritan JABB, Hypercanvas, Sampletank 3, more.