Originally Posted By: dcuny
Easy loping melody, feel-good words, long phrases that look impossible on paper and come off as effortless...

Yep, another gem by Noel.

So many good things here, but I especially loved the triplets in the melody.

You make it look so simple, but I know you're probably one of the most analytical writers on this forum. And that feeling of effortlessness is a feat by itself.

Despite being an die-hard curmudgeon, I enjoyed it all! laugh

Hey David,

Thank you for having a listen! Appreciate it.

What you say is correct, I do approach writing songs from the analytical side of the fence. That's because it's the only way that works for me. I wasn't born with a flair for being spontaneously creative.

For me creativity follows from laying out a base plan. So whether it's a chord progression, melody or lyrics, all my songs start with a methodically laid out sequence of events as a foundation. Once I start building on this foundation, creativity sometimes comes and visits. Even if it doesn't, though, a carefully constructed starting place still gets me to a final product and all ends well. With this approach, I'm not left with unfinished songs.

All the best,
Noel

P.S. I like that you are a "die-hard curmudgeon". You have a great way of analysing things and I've picked up quite a bit from you over the years.

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024