I just witnessed a conference of the birds: Mr Fogle and mr Geeze. Both with some very solid arguments.

Realtracks are not just good. They are easy to use. You don’t have to mess with VST’s and you don’t have to tweak Kontakt, Sampletank and others or need to invest big.

This way Biab is a self contained complete software, without all the hassle and the fuss.

If you want to dig deeper, midi is inevitable, as Jim says. Tweaking the styles, getting those great sounding vst’s working...

For me, I want to give one example: Abbey Road drums by Native, the vintage drums, for instance. It sounds sooooo sweet. No realtrack can be as perfectly recorded as this.

I think there’s a midi revival, not only in the EDM realm. But to achieve this, MIDI should be much easier to use. For every it-enthusiast, there are ten musicians who just want their software to play well. And they are so right. The time I spent tweaking or trying to solve problems. If Biab and others just worked better, I would have spent that time playing. smile

Biab, Kontakt, Sampletank and lots of nice libraries, from Fluffy audio to Abbey Road drums.
Check out these great contemporary Jazz Styles: www.jazzstylezz.com