Hi Charlie,

In answer your question, this is a new release of a song that has only just been written and recorded.

My previous songs were all released through Landr to Spotify, Apple Music, Amazon, Googleplay, Deezer, etc, and all of them ARE currently monetized.
However, in July after the songs had successfully been released, I noticed that Landr had marked some of them as not being passed for YouTube monetization.
As I explained in my July post, this was not a problem to me because, even though I have a YouTube account and do occasionally upload the odd video, I do not actually qualify for YouTube monetization. Furthermore, I'm not really interested in making money from my humble low budget videos to begin with.
What I was interested in though, was finding the precise reason for Landr's disapproval, and so I emailed them in an attempt for some clarity in the matter.
It was their answer that prompted me to post the July forum topic, as I felt that some BIAB users may be interested to know of my experience, especially if they were planning to monetize YouTube videos that include music created using BIAB Realtracks.
The outcome of the dialog that I had with Landr was rather inconclusive because they did not provide a precise reason for why the songs were regarded as 'not sufficiently distinct', and merely offered possible reasons why any release could be flagged, such as the use of samples without permission, or copyrighted material.
In conclusion, we can only speculate as to the precise reason and to the sophistication of the AI detection used by LANDR.
However (not that it makes any difference in my case), but they did inform me that they had reversed their original decision and that all of my songs were now approved for YouTube monetization on their system, although they warned that this doesn't guarantee that YouTube would also approve them for monetization if they were ever to be used in a video.

With this new release, it is a different situation because this time they have notified me in advance that they have detected samples or borrowed content, and if you read their email again you will see that all they are requesting is confirmation that I have permission to use any copyrighted material before going ahead with the release.
So as far as I am aware, I simply need to confirm that the only third party content is BIAB Realtracks and that I have full permission from PG Music to use them. Hopefully this will meet with their requirements and then my release will also be approved for distribution and YouTube monetization.

Thanks for offering your opinion and advice Charlie, but I'm perfectly happy with my music making process and the rewards that it has brought me over the last 40+ years before and after the introduction of music software. I find it convenient to use BIAB Realtracks in my recordings, but they are non-essential as I have the skills and knowhow to play many instruments myself if necessary, and to a professional standard.

I will of course update this thread when LANDR respond to my email reply.

https://andyshearer.wixsite.com/music

Last edited by Andyman; 09/08/19 05:48 PM.