Originally Posted By: Budmanvet
Sorry for the delayed response. Thanks for your input.

This is going to take a little doing to explain; but it is easy and follows a certain logic. I use the Tascam DP 03 SD. It fits on a music stand and sends the mix to two aux. outs. I send the mix to a QSC power speaker and then route it through an (XLR) line to a second power speaker. Track volumes are controlled by 8 faders and a master on the deck. The first speaker does duty as my monitor. It is semi loud. (no feedback wanted) The second blasts away to the audience. (In choosing, you have to take into consideration the room.)
Make the BIAB file. Options follow. Here are three 1) Xfer to DAW. 2) Record directly to recorder, real time. 3) Import WAV from PC hard drive to recorder SD card. 4) final tweak with recorder's onboard tools. There is a lot you can do with BB Wav files. Eventually, they wind up on the Tascam. For me, always tracks 7 & 8.
Tracks 1 & 2 are reserved for bounce, import mastered tracks, and overflow. Tracks 3 & 4 are guitar tracks. Unit only has two input, one of which has guitar select. Tracks 5 & 6 are microphone.
My 24 song set is displayed on a little screen. End of song, hit save, scroll to next, press load, the settings are all just about the same. If one track or song is not right, correct with bounce or remaster. The transitions from song to song are essentially seamless, as far as the audience knows. I always rehearse with the recorder. If I should happen to hit a good note, I can keep a record of it. Plainly, when I perform, the guitar and vocal tracks are empty, armed, and sending the live signal to the mix, permitting level controls of the elements.

Last edited by edshaw; 09/09/19 07:18 PM.

Link: www.soundcloud.com/ed_shaw (Feel Free to Use)
https://drooble.com/edward.shaw/hymn/index.htm
Biab for WIN 2020 -- Win 10 64bit -- Reaper/Audacity
Zoom R-16 -- Tascam DP-03-SD -- SoundTap -- Crescendo --