Really excellent work on the write and melody. Well sung, and the instrumentation is nice. smile

As far as suggestions, I think the vocal on the first verse is too quiet in comparison to the remaining verses. The volume dips particularly low on "I'm right there again." For the remainder of the vocal, it's much better, but the volume isn't consistent. And at times, it feels like the guitar is overwhelming the vocals on the verses.

Compressors are the typical tool for fixing this, sometimes chained together. There are also vocal riders that are basically specialized compressors for vocals - set the volume, and it'll automatically "ride" the fader so the vocal stays at a constant volume. I don't know what DAW you're using. There's a vocal rider from Waves, although it's currently listed at full price Waves is always running sales, so the current $90 "sale" price isn't really much savings.

If you've got Reaper, you can rig one up for free.

Personally, I prefer to slice up my vocals at the syllables (or smaller), and normalize them (skipping the sibilants and plosives), but that's more than a bit extreme.

-- David Cuny
My virtual singer development blog

Vocal control, you say. Never heard of it. Is that some kind of ProTools thing?