Hi Noel96,

I'm afraid that I did initially put a reference to Eric Marienthal on my Soundcloud, Bandcamp and Facebook pages, and then deleted it on the advice of more experienced BIAB forum users.
I realise more about the implications now and of course I regret it, but I figured that people know I can't play sax and I wanted to avoid being quizzed about who the soloist was.
I suppose that there's a possibility that they found the reference on one of my social media pages but they must have gone searching for it because I certainly didn't give them the links.
I think that it's more likely that Eric's style or phrases were detected by whatever AI system they use.
It's the first time I've used a Realtrack solo in one of my releases, but even though it consists of a series of 8 bar snippets, I suppose that there is only one Eric Marienthal, and there's quite a lot of his playing to be found on YouTube, etc.

Although Deryk said that anything we make in the program is ours to do with as we please, it seems that using Realtracks can still actually infringe on the intellectual property of the session musicians who performed them, in the eyes of LANDR at least.

Still, it's not the end of the world. I could try releasing the song through a different distributor. Some forum members
mentioned that they've successfully released lots of songs containing RealTracks, and I have too.
At least I've learned a few things from the experience and I'll be more careful next time.

Thanks everyone for your input and interest, and I hope that I haven't created a problem for anyone else through my inexperience.

It's a cracker of a sax solo though, isn't it ?

Last edited by Andyman; 09/13/19 03:15 PM.