I was in the middle of replying when I had the brainstorm to try a Google search about humanizing midi files and voila! This thread came up from 2013. Google can be better than searching the forum itself:

https://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=189387

Our friend Mac has some great answers in this thread. Peter gave a couple of great responses too and Notes Norton who is a master in working with midi has some detailed responses as well. There's a lot of gold nuggets in there and it's one of the best threads ever about this topic. If someone's really interested they should reread this several times until they understand what is being said here.

I have to give a little background about Mac. He's a pianist, trumpet player and guitarist. All at a studio session player level. He's also an Electrical Engineer. He suddenly stopped posting with no explanation and is sorely missed.

Bob

Biab/RB latest build, Win 11 Pro, Ryzen 5 5600 G, 512 Gig SSD, 16 Gigs Ram, Steinberg UR22 MkII, Roland Sonic Cell, Kurzweil PC3, Hammond SK1, Korg PA3XPro, Garritan JABB, Hypercanvas, Sampletank 3, more.