Originally Posted By: camog
After several very nice comments from forum members, I wonder whether there is anyone on the forum who would comment on their experience with CDBaby - my CD 'By The Way' featuring BB backing went online via CDBaby on the 3rd March 2019, so far my account with them indicates not a single sale/download?? I wasn't expecting miracles or vast amounts of money coming my way - but 'not a single download' in 3 months doesn't sound right to me, considering the size of the Internet?
Any feedback much appreciated! CM

There are a lot of songs out there with literally 0 streams on Spotify, never mind download or CD sales. Because it's a lot easier for people to distribute music than ever before, there's so much music out there for people to listen to. Without a lot of promotion or already having a fan base, you might struggle to get people to listen no matter how good your music is.

I know that my listening habits have usually been similar to the average person and I usually stick to the same artists unless I hear something I like on the radio or TV.

I'm certainly not the best person to give advice on the best route forward as I haven't got the experience. But that might explain why you haven't had any sales.