I'm a newcomer to BIAB, relatively speaking. I first got the program a little over a year ago (when the '18 version for Mac was release, I believe it was May or June). I haven't experienced the bugs, crashes, etc. that some of you seem to have - maybe it's the way I use it, who knows. I've dealt with a lot of buggy software, computers, and OS's over the years, so I understand the frustration when the program doesn't work right - for whatever reasons.

All that said, and in hopes of offering some perspective, I would respectfully submit that maybe taking a step back and remembering what a truly amazing program this is might ease some of the exasperation.

Every day that I use BIAB, I find something remarkable that I didn't know I could do with it. In my application, using it to demo songs, it's been a complete game changer. Several of my peers, songwriters with publishing deals and existing demo budgets, have been so impressed with my results that they've purchased the program as well and are experiencing the same positive experience that I've had. I've also found the customer support to be outstanding - much more responsive, and faster to do so, than the majority of software/tech companies I've dealt with. By way of example, put in a call to Dell tech support and then compare it to PG Music...it's night & day.

Is it perfect? Of course not. I would love to see someone point me to a software program or computer system that is, because I've sure never seen it. My engineer friends who work with ProTools exclusively complain constantly about conflicts with plugins, crashes, etc. Sure, there's lots of little tweaks, additions, & features I'd love to see added that I think would improve BIAB, and yes sometimes I even get a bit put out that it won't accomplish a particular task I want it to. But I also recognize that the issues I would like to see addressed may be specific to me, the genres I work in, and the end results I'm seeking to accomplish. I am truly amazed that in the profession of music, where there is absolutely no such thing as "one size fits all", that this program can have such a broad reach and be so incredibly functional in so very many areas.

I don't mean to be patronizing with this post, because I am fully aware that if I had been using BIAB as long as some of you have, I might have the exact same feelings & disappointments. But honestly, I hope the shine never wears off of it for me, because working in it is such a fun, enjoyable process.

Last edited by Roger Brown; 09/21/19 04:31 AM.