Quote:

Quote:

what you don't need right now should not be visible

One of the problems with this is that many people use BIAB in different ways. So what you need right now is different that what I need right now. Someone who uses BIAB to compose will use a different set of tools than one who uses BIAB to gig live, which will be different from someone who is mainly into bringing in MIDI files to jam along to, which will be different from someone who uses BIAB as a somewhat limited, but useful recording studio. So what should be visible? If you polled folks, my guess is that the answer would be, well show me everything I (and that's I with a big capital letter) need. Might not be what you need.

Look at Photoshop. How many functions does that thing have? But its screen is not cluttered. They group related items into toolbars, which can be opened or closed at will either from a menu or by a key command. It's a very comfortable way to work. Logic Pro does many more things than BIAB does. It varies the screen so that you're not confronted with everything at once, but it still makes its numerous options quickly accessible. Hey, maybe some people do want everything visible- so allow customization. Like Photoshop, where you can dictate what toolbars are going to be open and where.