Originally Posted By: jazzmammal
Trevor, to get back to your original post, forget most of those screenshots. Here's what you do:

1. Right click on the Melody track and select Custom Midi Style.
2. Select the patch you want and the style.
3. Forget everything else.
4. Hit OK, then hit Regen.
5. You get the correct style on the Melody track but the prior instrument patch.
6. Manually change to the correct patch and you're good to go.

Thanks for that detail. When I try that exact workflow, I do get the correct style, but when I re-generated, it always delivered an empty track.

However, after further experimenting, I found that if the last track in the top 5 was frozen, then the Melodist or Soloist track didn't generate. I could unfreeze any or all other tracks and nothing was generated. The 5th track needed to be unfrozen.

I even created a new song with nothing on Track 5. If it was frozen, the selected MIDI style on the 6th or 7th tracks never generated.

This I think is the last piece in the puzzle. I don't use this word lightly, but yes, another bug. Perhaps someone could verify?

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
2019-09-23_09-37-33.jpg (189.66 KB, 78 downloads)
2019-09-23_09-41-25.jpg (198.98 KB, 78 downloads)

BIAB & RB2024 Win.(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Cakewalk by Bandlab, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M Monitors, Pioneer Active Monitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones