Hi Bob

You miss understood yes I can set the first 5 tracks as default synth and it will play the thru voice if I make Track specific my preference
I realise that I could change any one of these to specific synth, and that would also play thru the specific voice, as you say this is normal.

Yes I did mean track 6 for my Kontakt track. Which was an empty track till now.
This gets its voice inside Kontakt from the Kontakt library instrument.
But the play thru voice you get is from the Realband track info, not the inserted internal Kontakt one on that track. You can make it sound the same if you have a similar midi patch in you synth by selecting it.
But the whole point of using Kontakt is to get voices I don’t have in my synth.

This is why as I explained to hear the actual voice in Kontakt as a play thru you have to not Route all midi to your vst dxi
Also explained is that after doing this to hear your other vst dxi including what was your default you have to insert individual instances of them on the tracks that use them (the first 5) in this case.
My main purpose for doing all this is to hear the play thru voice of the instrument I am using, as it may be a Kontakt instrument like Requiem light singing Latin Vowels played by a midi keyboard,
Hope this clears it up.

Please note
QUOTE From Kent PG music in response to an earlier link to my post on Realband

"Re: midi controller recording issue with Realband

Hi Mike,

Right, the "Track Specific" setting applies to the MIDI channel and patch you've assigned to the track, but not the plugin.

The tip in your longer post about unchecking "Reroute MIDI playback to default DXi/VSTi Synth", and manually assigning each track to a synth is the ticket to using a specific synth applied to a track for MIDI Thru.

Thanks for that tip, I'll add that workaround to my bug report in case this comes up again.

Thanks
Kent
PG Music
"

I rest my case.
Mike

Last edited by Mike Head; 09/24/19 04:56 AM.

BIAB2021 UltraPlus,AsusN55S1Tbssd, W10/64,Akai EIEpro
Yamaha CVP405,SquireStrat, CoolsoftVMidSynth
Novatation Impulse61 Ctr kbd, Cwalk blab Kontakt

http://mikesmusic.byethost16.com/