Thanks.

Mario: TigerDirect is a good company and I've done business when them in the past, but they don't have any used ThinkPads on their site now.

Bob: I tried the tablet thing once and having the keyboard separate from the screen allows me to call up the next chart in about 2 seconds near the end of the song I'm playing so I can go from song to song seamlessly. Besides if my other computer breaks, it has to play the mp3 files and again, I go from song to song seamlessly when the dance floor is full

Steve: Thanks for the vote of confidence

I'm using it now. I turn on, it takes a much longer than usual time to get past the IBM/Think/Pad screen, then goes to the DOS-like configuration page. Enter date and time and the computer finishes booting up.

I did replace the CMOS battery, which is the usual culprit when this happens, with no luck, so something else might be wrong.

I put this ThinkPad on the stage in 2002. It's worked tirelessly, week after week, bouncing on a keyboard stand, riding in the hot van and then either playing on a quay over a salt water lagoon or an overly air-conditioned venue.

17 years of service is good for a computer. I actually feel bad about retiring it. It's like an old friend.

I had another 2002 computer that I replaced in the early Win7 days. The hinge started giving me trouble after a drop. Replacing the hinge on a computer that had been out of production for that many years was more expensive that buying a new one. So I got another ThinkPad, this one Lenovo as IBM quit making them, and it's still cranking.

So I think I'll go back to NewEgg tomorrow and see what I can find. I like the small screen of the older laptops and the pink eraser head in the middle of the keyboard is a must.

Thanks again.
Notes

Bob "Notes" Norton smile Norton Music
https://www.nortonmusic.com

100% MIDI Super-Styles recorded by live, pro, studio musicians for a live groove
& Fake Disks for MIDI and/or RealTracks