Originally Posted By: RichardB1985
I enjoyed this, very uplifting and you have a brilliant voice. I'd like to hear the old version if you have it anywhere to compare the two.

What are your thoughts on the CLA plugins and Ozone? I have the CLA vocals plugin as part of a Waves subscription and I like it so I was considering getting some of the other ones.

Hi Richard,

Thanks for the visit! I'm a fan of the CLA plugins. They definitely make it easier to obtain a good overall sound by having easy adjustments for tone, compression, delay and reverb. The ones I use most are 'unplugged', 'drums' and 'bass'. In additon, I've used the 'vocals' one a couple of times and the 'guitar' one a couple of times (for electric guitar Realtracks). I prefer Nectar for vocals and Ozone for the final mix.

I purchased the CLA plugins at a bargain basement price and didn't take up Waves offer of a subscription. What this means is that my version 10 plugins will stay at version 10 without being updated (which I'm happy with).

Since I bought Waves' Linear Multiband Compressor, though, where I used to use CLA plugins as my first port of call, I now find myself starting with the LinMB plugin and then migrating to CLA if I cannot get LinMB effectively creating to get the sound I'm after.

Regards,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024