I have Cakewalk by BandLab installed.

The basic installation instructions seem simple: 1) use an e-mail address to create a BandLab account. 2) download and install the BandLab Assistant account manager. 3) Open the BandLab Assistant. 4) Click on "Apps". 5) Click on the Cakewalk by BandLab "Install" button. Now comes the fun part.

The Cakewalk By BandLab installation files load in the background. There is no progress bar to illustrate that anything is happening but files begin to download as soon as you click on the install button. There are a lot of files in the initial download so reported download times of 30 - 45 minutes are not uncommon. The lack of any visible indicator that files are downloading creates confusion but it is what it is. The program is modular. Subsequent downloads are very short because just updated files are downloaded and installed.

Once ALL the required installation files are downloaded a progress bar displays and tracks the program installation.

The BandLab app Cakewalk install button changes to "Open" once the program is installed. The app does not have to constantly run however you may want to open the app every now and then so the app can check and install updates. Minimum check-in time is six months otherwise the program will go into "demo" mode.

PM or e-mail me if you have any questions.

Jim Fogle - 2024 BiaB (1111) RB (5) Ultra+ PAK
DAWs: Cakewalk by BandLab (CbB) - Standalone: Zoom MRS-8
Laptop: i3 Win 10, 8GB ram 500GB HDD
Desktop: i7 Win 11, 12GB ram 256GB SSD, 4 TB HDD
Music at: https://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home