Originally Posted By: jannesan
I like the simplicity of the arrangement in the BIAB version, it feels more sincere. In the demo I like the stronger contrast between the verse and chorus, giving true wings for the story. Nice lyrics and good vocals on both versions.

Janne

Thanks, Janne...

Originally Posted By: beatmaster
Floyd/ Janice

I enjoyed my listen , brilliant vocals guys and mix and arrangement.

As Expected.

I never listened to the Nashville one why ?.

Their is no way on gods earth we will get a full studio sound in home recordings , Damn near ..or in my opinion closer to the way I want to hear music now.. as we do hear Talent on the scale of producing, performing, arranging, production, writing, Mixing, mastering, creativity.

Now Why Would I want To Compare Eh !!!

I'm listening, Waiting for your reply congrats !.

Thanks

beatmaster - glad you enjoyed this. I disagree with the idea that we cannot get a full studio sound using the tools that we have available. I think there are a number of people on these forums who are doing just that....

Originally Posted By: Deej56
Floyd,

Listened to the BIAB version first—real pretty tune and stellar BIAB production . . . you couldn’t ask more of a pro demo. And a terrific vocal, btw. If I had on comment on the suggestion is that the kick on the drum seems a bit too strong . . . for me, at least . . . perhaps a slight bit of compression on it? Just a thought (use or lose), as you know my talents on mix are woefully lacking.

Then I listened to the Nashville Demo . . . well, it’s really, really clean and accentuated by just a killer vocal . . . and perfectly flawless. Real, real pretty . . . and deserving of radio play, no doubt.

And, yeah, it’s clearly a step above the BIAB version . . . BUT . . . for ordinary folks, you make a great point about the value of BIAB: “Your first demo using Band-In-A-Box will cost you about the same as a single Nashville demo (one song). BUT every one after that.... costs $0. ZERO!”

Ain’t that the truth . . . I’m just a newbie to the software, but the more I hear and the little more I learn, it makes me appreciate just how incredible this software is. Thanks BIAB for making it, and thank you Floyd for showing us all song after song just how good it can make us all sound.

My best to you,

Deej

Deej - thanks for the thoughtful review...

Originally Posted By: Greg Johnson
WOW!!! This one brought a tear to my eye.....which is the greatest compliment I can give!! So sweet!! As a father of two teens who are approaching the age when they will set out on their own, this song means a lot to me. The vocal is just gorgeous......maybe your best Floyd, which is no small accomplishment! And Janice is as good of a harmony singer as I have ever heard (lead singer too!). ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL!!!! BIAB Hall of famer for sure!! Take care my friend. Greg

Greg - thanks for all the nice comments. I especially appreciate that you brought up (first) the emotions evoked by listening to the song... That means a lot to me...