Dear Ms. Cooper & Ms. Petty...

The title of your song, Whispers of You, is lovely and evocative enough to have its own music heard in the simple speaking of those words…but in a whisper, of course smile . The title can't help but evoke the mutual experience of shared intimacy, as in 'into me, see'.

Also, you can't go wrong as a songwriter when the lyrics composed by Ms. Petty find their inspiration in the near-inexpressibly beautiful things she observes in our Mother Nature that rival the beauty we see within (and without) the persons we give our love to, and whom we hope will accept it from us, and give it back.

What I mean is, this Earth feeds us, shelters us, clothes us, provides us with enough mundane and mystical wonders to contemplate for the span of our entire lives, and all these things are given to us absolutely freely by Her, without us even having to ask for them. Now, if that ain't love of the unconditional kind, I don't what is. All we have to do, is follow her example, and I get the strong sense that you and Ms. Petty are doing just that, through the way the lyrics discover and explore the way human beings' feelings for each other are mirrored in the moods and movements of 'Nature'.

Musically speaking, I really like the way the voices are doubled and delayed in section C of the song. They have the rhythm of waves that rush to the shore, retreat, and then return to the shore, ceaselessly, inevitably and, perhaps, joyfully. Who knows? At the very least, you could say they are always there for each other, ha, ha smile !!! The Real Tracks underscoring your arrangement radiate warmth, and a sense of the peace and contentment that comes from two hearts/people/lovers that have committed to each other.

It’s a reflective, refreshing, and reassuring song. Thank you and Ms. Petty for unveiling it on the User's Forum!

- bluage -

Last edited by bluage; 10/06/19 08:55 PM.

"Music is what feelings sound like."-- borrowed from a Cakewalk Music Creator forum member, "Mamabear".