The refurbushed ThinkPad T500 arrived Tuesday.

It's spotless, the screen is bright and clear with no dead pixels, there is almost zero signs of wear, and it works like new.

It had a new version of Win7 on it, which I could setup without going on-line, and the only app I needed to install, Encore, went in just fine.

I had some off-brand AntiVirus software on it (Bulldog) that kept on asking me to choose the 90 day free trial every time it booted, but since I never plan on going on-line on a stage computer, I removed it. The only other boat-ware was Word Perfect Office.

It has a full year parts/labor warranty which I hope not to use, and it only cost me about $156.99 - shipping included.

It's been working a couple of days now, and yesterday it was on for about 8 hours continuously, so I suspect there won't be burn-in problems.

So if looking for a used computer, based on one experience, NewEgg gets a thumbs up.

The only nit I have is that it came with a black eraser head instead of a read one (no big deal), but it's a comfortable one.

Insights and incites by Notes

Bob "Notes" Norton smile Norton Music
https://www.nortonmusic.com

100% MIDI Super-Styles recorded by live, pro, studio musicians for a live groove
& Fake Disks for MIDI and/or RealTracks