I recorded a bunch of YouTube videos some years back and the way I did them was to use ONLY the built-in microphone in my Toshiba Camileo X416 camcorder. Needless to say the sound left much to be desired.

This time I want my vocals and guitar to go directly into my computer. However, I'm clueless about how to do it. I mean, the PC only has one input for a microphone so how do I record vocals while playing my (electric) guitar while playing along with a jam track/BIAB track and, also, while video taping the preformance at the same time?

The "TASCAM DP-03SD 8-Ttrack Digital Portastudio" was recommended to me for recording but I really don't know how to put it all together while videotaping the performance.

Damn I suck. frown

Or maybe I should just buy this?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/111810689X?pf_rd_p=183f5289-9dc0-416f-942e-e8f213ef368b&pf_rd_r=4GY8NSZBF5A6B8EM7556

But heck if I know if the answer I'm looking for is even in there. frown

Help!

TIA

P.S. Oh, also in the past, I've recorded some stuff ALL ON COMPUTER and uploaded it to SoundCloud. Actually forgot all I did to accomplish the songs but when I get back into that I'll probably remember. But, unfortunately, that doesn't matter for what I now want because I need to know how to do the recording while videotaping the performance at the same time.

P.P.S. I need a mixer huh?