Originally Posted By: Mark K
Excellent. The guitar always gets out of the way nicely for the vocal. I love her tone/timbre - fits really well for this type of song. Enjoyed the listen.

Thanks for the listen!

Originally Posted By: Noel96
Hi Dave,

Once again, you and Chris deliver the goods.

Your production chops just keep on getting better and better and better -- and they have ALWAYS been top shelf! I don't know how one gets more top shelf than top shelf, but that's what seems to be happening.

What is evident in listening to you and Chris in this one is teamwork. Both of you have been creating music together for some time now and it shows.... Chris writes to anticipate and complement your guitar playing and you match what she does like icing on a cake. You're both a very powerful song-creating force!

I thoroughly enjoyed listening to this... the song, your playing, Chris's singing, the whole production! As it usually does when I click on 'play' with one of your songs, the first word that came to mind as yet another "Wow!"

All the best,
Noel

P.S. Dave, thanks for going into so much detail regarding the production, too. I love reading about this stuff and it helps me, and I'm sure others as well, understand how you achieve such a brilliant sound.

Wow, thanks, Noel!

The production side of things is something I spend a lot of time on and I'm always trying to learn more and get better at it.
My skills in that area have improved quite a bit over the last couple of years and that has a lot to do with hanging out here and getting advice and feedback from some very talented people. floyd is one that helped me quite a bit when I first started posting here, Tom Adams too.
There is still lots to learn, but, it's fun!

Thanks again, I appreciate it! smile

Originally Posted By: bluage
'Blue Attitude' and Ms. Spruit...

W-o-w. The caustic, challenging lyrics sung so declaratively by Ms. Spruit are mercilessly driven home by some scalding, lashing 'lectric gee-tar work from 'Blue Attitude'! The "Real Band' certainly keeps the momentum going with its stomp-down funkiness. The song sounded like someone was tracking me down.

These Times is dramatic, provocative music-making for sure, folks! It's 'the blues', all right, but with some teeth snap-snap-snappin' at my soul.

- bluage -

Your reviews are always an interesting read! Thanks for your comments, I appreciate it smile