I use the 8 track DP-03 SD, Charlie. The main thing keeping me from upgrading to the DP-24 is the size. I use it as my combination mixer/bg track player when I go out into the field. Everything is right there. The more I go along, the more I find those little bars are all you need -- fat but not peaking, tracks easily adjusted in the final mixdown.
It has bounce, mixdown, and master; cut, copy, and paste. Mixdown makes bounce virtually redundant, but still is handy to have around. Take the vocals, for example. They can be mixed and mastered, then imported back into the project. I have basically three elements: voice, guitar, BB track. Once the vocals have been mastered, it is hard to go back into the track, so you have to keep a protected original, just in case.
Lately, I've been using the ol' movie editor's trick, A and B rolls, especially useful for obtaining the same results as a punch in. A C roll can be used as a scratch track, same idea as a cue track.
Is this information helpful to understanding my situation? Thank you and the others for taking the time to help me with this. I know most here rarely use the old style recorder.

Bud: ("Your DAW doesn't indicate clipping on each track and the stereo buss?")
Yes, I should have caught it, but probably thought I could correct it later by turning down the volume. Not.

Last edited by edshaw; 10/12/19 02:52 AM.

Link: www.soundcloud.com/ed_shaw (Feel Free to Use)
https://drooble.com/edward.shaw/hymn/index.htm
Biab for WIN 2020 -- Win 10 64bit -- Reaper/Audacity
Zoom R-16 -- Tascam DP-03-SD -- SoundTap -- Crescendo --