Hey everyone,

I have upgraded to 2019 via the PlusPak. Super excited to try out 64 bit BIAB.

However, I am having problems...

I got a new macbook last year and in order to save space installed all the real tracks via the 2018 installers onto a separate HD. Meaning that the BIAB on the laptop is only taking up 20GB.

All the realtracks installed from 2018 are on an HD, in a folder called [biab-realtracks]

When I try and install the new real tracks sets via clicking on the 'Install on a specific disk' and then onto my external HD with all the realtracks on I get this message...

"RealTracks can't be installed on this disk. You don't have Band In a Box 2009 or higher installed in the '/Applications/Band-in-a-box-folder. Please install Band-in-a-box first"

I guess one way around this would be installing all of the new ones onto my laptop first. And then copying the files back across to my HD.

However, I think this seems a little hacky and I am unsure of the folder structure.

Currently on my External HD inside the folder [biab-realtracks]
I have to two folders [Drums] and [RealTracks]

Whereas on my Mac in Applications/BandInABox Folder there are Numerous folders that potentially store realtracks/drums.

FWIW I did install the 2019bonusPak realtracks to my laptop HD. So there are some RealTracks stored here.

Inside the folder [RealTracks] I have a different directory structure than the external HD folder.

So any ideas to what I should do ???

FWIW I seem to remember around 2012 installing the whole BIAB app on an external drive. Realtracks, app and all and it working without any issues. If this is a potential solution I would be tempted to do a clean install of BIAB with everything on a separate drive but seem to remember being told that it wouldn't work...

I would try it but it's a lot of messing around if it doesn't work.