Originally Posted By: rharv
jford's suggestion is worth looking at, regardless of whether you are using ASIO.
The fact that it seems to have improved but not gone away warrants investigating the buffer settings he mentioned.
That said, a newer computer may eliminate the need for this solution also, since it is just another way to compensate for a system resource issue.

Thanks rharv for your suggestions.

I couldn't find any way on the laptop to change the RealTek soundchip buffer size. Tried a Google search for it too, not finding anything there. I'm guessing it's not available. However, as it turns out I wasn't on the latest driver for the RealTek, so I'm updating it right now. Hoping that *might* help.

Quote:
Another tip (if possible) is to use a separate hard drive for the music than is being used for the operating system, as sometimes even drive speed can cause these type of issues.
If your hard drive is trying to stream multitrack audio and the OS is interrupting it, it's yet another possible cause.
More RAM or larger buffer sizes can help help alleviate this problem, but so can a new computer. <grin>

Great idea! I do have an external hard drive I haven't used for awhile which I could try. How would that work exactly? Would I move the RealTracks and RealStyles folders to the external HD, then reconfigure BIAB to stream them from that drive? Or....?

Quote:
Yet another possible cause is a bitrate mismatch (the software being set to 16/44 and the interface set to 24/48 for example). But that usually only happens when a new piece of equipment or software is introduced into the system. I recently added a Focusrite 18i20 interface into one system and it took a fair amount of testing/adjusting to get everything playing nice afterwards since the Focusrite is 24 bit only.

The only thing I could find in Win 10 related to this was under Speaker Properties > Advanced. It says 24 bit 48000 HZ to be used when running in shared mode (not sure what that is). I wasn't able to find bitrate in BIAB. Looking that up now.

Thanks again! smile